Monday, April 29, 2013

Columbia...again


April, 29, 2013
Kadyn is staying true to form...

We expected to see a significant improvement from the IV antibiotics by now. That is not the case. Kadyn still has a lot of crackles in her chest, labored breathing, and low oxygen levels.
We are continuing this course of action and will reassess on Wed. with an X-ray. If it shows no improvement or she has gotten worse, then they will do a bronchoscopy on Friday. This will allow the doctors to see into her lungs and take a better sample of what might be growing. It will also give them the chance to flush some saline deep in the airways to help break up any mucus plugs that may be stuck.

I feel like a semi-expert on CF belly issues, but pretty lost when it comes to the lungs. We haven't had any issues in this area since 2011. Therefore, we will wait for the doctors to tell us what comes next. As always we appreciate your support and prayers. We love you!

We live by faith, not by sight.
- 2 Corinthians 5:7

Pray continually.
-     1Thessalonians 5:17


April 25, 2013

Fantasy to reality...
Yesterday, we found out Kadyn's x-ray showed a lot more mucus in her lungs. It was decided that she needed to be admitted today for 1-2 weeks of IV antibiotics. We just got checked in and she will be going down to get a PICC line any min. Kadyn did not do too well with anesthesia last time. I am asking for prayers that she wakes up smoothly with no problems. Also, that the PICC is placed easily and stays strong as long as we need it. Thank you Kadyn’s Krew. We love you



1 comment:

  1. Yesterday, I was stressed out to the max, which is a lot for a person like me. Worried about running a business, working too much, not working enough, taking care of my kids, remembering to pick up my kids, getting deadlines met, and having a dirty car, and finding peace to take it all away for the day so I could be a blessing to the little children that I teach and mother. Then I see my best friend walk through the door. She is smiling and happy, like always. She had a heavy heart that day, but her optimism on a bad day puts my good days to shame. She only had one child with her, which is unusually to her because she has twin 4 year olds, a girl and a boy. And through her smile, and with a peaceful voice, she told me that her four year old daughter, Kadyn, was going back into the hospital for 1 to 2 weeks because her lung x-ray wasn't looking like they wanted it to. She never said words like, "the x-ray was looking bad" or other downtrodden words that normal people say, she just upheld her optimism and talked on behalf of all the silver linings she could see materializing with a 4 year old with CF and a 2 week stay in a hospital. Then, low and behold, she tried to comfort me!
    And that's when my peace came. My peace to teach the day full of children; the peace to be a good and thankful mom, the peace to stop and understand my blessings. All of a sudden, the bumps on my road smoothed out and I felt pretty humbled by the blessing that come from my so called "stress".

    My best friend, a best friend to many. Everyone loves her, everyone is blessed simply by knowing her. A wonderful mom, a wonderful person. Prayers to her and to her special Kadyn.

    ReplyDelete