Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Day 21....

We have now been in the hospital the same number of days Kadyn was in the hospital from Oct. 2011-Oct. 2012.  Positively thinking...We could just be getting it all out of the way the first few months so we can enjoy the rest of the year at home!

Today we are just hanging out.  No x-rays or labs at all today.  Kadyn's CF doctor is not doing hospital rounds this week. The doctor taking his place is the CF Infectious Disease doctor.  Laughing, he told Kadyn this morning "I like listening to you talk and always have fun visiting with you".  He is very nice!  With that, he has taken her off the antibiotic she was on for the infection around her button.  It was the 7th day and he would like to see if it is going to flare up again.  If so, he wants to culture it and see if anything comes up.  He has also been going through all of her records and called her KC doc about her intestinal biopsies done in April.  Obviously, something about them caught his attention.  I decided to try Kadyn on a gluten free diet (again) to see if it will help with the distention of her belly and retention of stool.   I got all of her favorites at the store, so she is very happy about the change.

In the meantime, we wait for our next step.  I am hoping they will draw labs tomorrow because I am curious to see if her liver enzymes have stayed down.  If so, maybe we can think about heading home!?!  Besides the acceptance letter we have not heard from Columbus yet so we are waiting on that as well.  All in God's time....I have to remind myself of that quite often these days.

We love you all and appreciate your love, support, and prayers more than ever!

Jeremiah 29:11-13: “‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.’”





1 comment:

  1. God's plan for you was to definitely be a teacher! No children have as much fun as yours do. The pictures are adorable. I'm hoping that "I love you" Day will be at home for all four of you.

    Hugs and kisses, Marcia Johnson

    ReplyDelete